These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Author & Finisher

It seems that life is just too busy lately... no time to even blog what I have felt Him saying. In the midst of all this, I felt that I heard Him so clearly yesterday and had to share. These were His words to me early yesterday morning...

I never change. It is man who changes. Your filter of how you perceive Me changes. I long for you to take away the filter. Take the limits off of Me in your mind. Let Me work for you. Let Me show you things you've never seen or imagined. I am the unchanging God. I am no respecter of persons. What I did for My disciples and the early church I long to do for you. Do you see Me big enough? Do you recognize Me as your source, your supply, your everything? ...or you have become too "American-ized", humanized... relying on your own plan and fixes? I'm looking for wild faith, unwavering faith that looks beyond the "seen" to what CAN and WILL BE! Keep listening. Be ready. I am the sovereign God. When My people doubt, worry, and fear, they continually dethrone Me from their lives. I can't reign where I'm not given full control. I won't force My way in. I made man with a free will to choose Me as Lord. Are you choosing Me for the solutions you need or do you look for another?

Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I paid too high a price for you to try your own way. Come to Me... with everything. You will find no fear or condemnation from Me.

No comments: