These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Complaint Free World

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. "

Luke 6:45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

Last night was our first official choir practice of the New Year...yay! Kevin and Johnathan presented us with these "Barney purple" bracelets to wear... they read "A Complaint Free World.org". We are being challenged to fast complaining... is that possible? 21 days of no complaining! If you complain or judge someone else for complaining, you have to switch your arm band to the other arm and start all over... I think we might be wearing these for the whole year! I have to say... it really makes you aware of how much we do complain. You can check out their website at http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/. As of right now, there are 5,798,112 bracelets being worn worldwide. What a concept! Let's all stop complaining!

My prayer this year: Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. "

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Kelli told me about what you all were doing today! I hate to admit it, but I would have had to start over about 4 times this evening! We are having washing machine problems and I did my share of complaining about the subject to Toby when he came through the door after work! I know I had a wonderful attitude while expressing how I felt, too! :) Yikes, maybe I need one of those arm bands!
Kayla