These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Times of Sacrifice

Since January usually brings us into our season of fasting at POA, it has been in the forefront of my thoughts and prayers. I've been thinking a lot about sacrifice and what it means. In prayer I felt so strongly that sacrifice doesn't have to be hard... it's all in your perspective. We sacrifice every day... we continually sacrifice for things we're passionate about. It's the reason of our passions that those sacrifices don't seem like sacrifice at all. We sacrifice many things for the sake of the "almighty dollar" and the way it controls so much of our lives and decisions.

HOWEVER... His resources are limitless. I feel Him saying... "sacrifice for ME, for My Kingdom... do you trust me to make up the difference? ... to do above and beyond your dreams and ambitions? Set yourself apart for ME... you will not want, you will not lack! You will hear My voice! You are closest to Me in the sacrifice, but what is it worth to you? Is it worth it?

In Philippians 4 Paul is speaking to the saints at Philippi. He speaks of receiving from them all the things he needs (v16) and then says, (v18) "I am full... having received ... a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God." The next verse tells how God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Sacrificing for the Kingdom... for the missionaries, evangelists, shepherds in our lives... God supplies our needs when we do our part to meet the needs of His anointed. To me, this speaks not only of giving our finances, but fasting on their behalf.

No comments: