These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Please Lord...Send Someone Else!

This morning my daily reading was in Exodus 3 & 4... so I'm thinking about how Moses wanted a "safety net" when God revealed to Him the purpose He had laid out before him. He didn't feel like he could speak well enough. God told him "I will be with thy mouth and teach thee what thou shalt say..." His anger was kindled against Moses for "wimpin' out" but He used him anyway. It wasn't His "perfect" plan... He sent him Aaron as an "assistant" and "mouthpiece". What a lesson to us of His grace and purpose for our lives. He didn't choose another to take his place (although Moses thought that was a better idea). He still spoke to him and used him... just added the assistant.

Sometimes He calls us into "uncharted waters"... areas where we are so unsure of ourselves, doubting our abilities... Boy, have I been there more times than I want to count! However, when He calls us, He will be with us. He equips. He prepares the way. Deep within every one of us is a calling that is specific to us individually. It's up to us to submit to that calling.

As He led Moses back to his people from Pharoah's house, so will He lead us... those of us who want to be used by Him. He will lead us to those we are to affect. I felt this so strongly in prayer this morning... not to worry or stress over the people that I feel I am having "no effect" on. He knows who to send and how to reach them. Our only job is to be obedient to Him and sensitive to His voice and His direction. Follow His leading. He has established a path before me.

Psalm 16:11 "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy, at the right hand there are pleasure for evermore."

Acts 2:25 (Amplified) "For David says in regard to Him, I saw the Lord constantly before me, for He is at my right hand that I may not be shaken or overthrown or cast down (from my secure and happy state)." Verse 28 says "...you will make known to me the ways of life..."

No comments: