These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Moments

It's been an interesting few days since my last blog. Cam & I had a wreck Wednesday afternoon. We were stopped and waiting for traffic to clear so we could turn and a big truck hit us from behind. OUCH! The funny thing is... before I could even process in my mind that we were hit, my back was hurting, and are we ok, etc... I caught myself going backwards in my thought processes. I sat there remembering every single small detail in reverse order of what we had just done. We had just left the bank, the post office before that, picked Cam up at school... I remembered every detail about red lights I had stopped at... thinking that any small change in the path I chose to take would have brought about a different result. Why is it that we have such clarity of "moments" when faced with tragic events? Thank you, Lord that we are ok and other than spending a few days on muscle relaxers and being completely out of mind, (well, almost)... we are getting back to normal!

While incapacitated and in my foggy state of mind, I decided on one of those days (don't remember what day it was) to look up some scriptures that mention "moments".

Job 21:13 says "They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave."

All of us will one day come down to one final moment. Will we be ready? I don't want to waste the moments I've been given. I want to always be aware of those around me. Do you ever feel like sometimes you're on "auto-pilot"? Especially when your little ones are rambling on and on about something and you are almost like a robot saying, "yes... wow... that's great...". I've been so guilty!

But here's the most important moment: I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." Are my moments preparing me for the moment that will matter most? Lord, help me to not let the frivolous things take priority over what really matters in this life and the lives of those I love and have been entrusted with by You!

No comments: