These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fight the Good Fight!

2009 started out a little shaky for the Cook clan... sickness, wrecks, fainting spells for Tanner... quite a whirlwind! However, I am claiming a great year! Yesterday I was pondering all this in prayer and truly felt like it has been spiritual warfare... mainly because so many things we've prayed and fasted over in 2008 are starting to break through! Thank you, Jesus!

So... for the Cook's and anyone else who may feel targeted right now... the enemy may wound you, but he can never defeat you! In Genesis 32:25 Jacob's thigh was out of joint as he wrestled with the angel. Will we fight the fight? Will we war in the Spirit? This is a fight we are all in and we wrestle not against flesh & blood.

Luke 22:31 says "Satan hath desired you that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for thee that thy faith fail not and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." The Amplified says Satan has asked excessively that [all of] you be given up to him [out of the power and keeping of God], that he might sift [all of] you like grain, But I have prayed especially for you [Peter], that your [own] faith may not fail; and when you yourself have turned again, strengthen and establish your brethren." I guess I am "turning again" and refocusing and telling everyone I can... FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH IN '09!

"For the Lord is our defense..." (Psalm 89:18). Lord, be our wall of defense this year! Cover us with Your love & protection that comes with the glory of Your presence!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Deb, seems the Lord is drawing all of us to a renewed fight this year! I am expecting GREAT things in the Lord, and I want to see Him work in ways we have never seen.

Hate that you all have had such a start to 2009. Praying for you all!
Kayla

Mommy Fowler said...

WE LOVE CAM!!! CAN WE HAVE HIM??

(I was just thinking of how perfectly he fits in here)