These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, January 26, 2009

More Listening for the Whispers...

I shared some of this in Sunday school yesterday but felt like blogging it... we are all recovering from "Because of The Times" conference at our church... totally worn out physically but recharged spiritually! The week before was such a great time of prayer focus. On one of those days I had been at the church praying and felt like He was saying, "Don't try to dictate the ways I will speak to you... just always be ready, aware, listening... quiet times with Me teach you the discipline of listening."

Now I normally use the 15 minute drive to work to talk to my mom on the phone & "catch up"... on this day I didn't. As I was driving (in silence) I just began to weep because I could just so clearly hear HIS words... so I got out my pen and somehow managed to drive and write (very messily, I might add!)...

"Every open and closed door serves My purpose in your life. The more you learn to trust me & let me guide you, you'll begin to recognize these changes before they actually occur. Let me be your counsellor. I'm all you need. You don't have to qualify or merit My words spoken into your life. All you need to do is listen... train your ear... get alone with Me... drown out the other voices in your life. When you listen, you will change other's lives--my reflection changes hearts. No words have to even be spoken... just "reflect". As I flow out of you, so does my healing, changing, power flow into the lives around you. Humility, lowliness of mind... that's My way... because then you don't try your thoughts and words. You recognize that it is MY thoughts, MY words!

Why are my people so quick to run to mentors, parents, friends, teachers, to everyone but ME, the Life Speaker, the "answer"? My Word holds the answer to every problem or perplexity that the human mind can encounter.

Surrender to My will ensures that all you attempt to do will suddenly be accomplished with ease. Trying your own way brings frustration. I long to anoint everything your hand touches. Let me be LORD of ALL that concerns you!"

I know that is lengthy, but that's just as I heard it... I want to share every single word that He gives me because I find that it usually isn't just for me. Lord, let us all be "funnels" through which You pour out your words, your Spirit, your compassion, your love!!!

No comments: