These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Confidence

Confidence is defined as "full trust". This definition was brought to my attention recently in a church service and I caught myself fumbling for a piece of paper to jot down some thoughts. Could it be that when we are struggling with confidence, feeling intimidated, that maybe we aren't fully trusting Him? It seems that in those moments when we're feeling so confident, it's because we are doing things that display our complete trust in Him. Next time you have a wave of self confidence, stop and notice the situation. You are probably operating in the natural gifting He has given you or you are probably being obedient to something He has asked of you. If we can ever get to the place of trusting Him completely in all things, there will be nothing to intimidate us and therefore, nothing to stop all the things He wants to accomplish through us, His children, the objects of His affection!

"Isaiah 30:15 "For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength..."

No comments: