These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

What Kind of Vessel Am I?

Jeremiah 2:13 "For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, and they have hewn for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns which cannot hold water."

He has really been dealing with me lately about being a vessel. I feel as if He's saying "I long to speak and move through empty vessels... those who fill themselves with My words, My Spirit and then pour it out to those whom I choose. It must be a continual flow... a river.

John 7:38 "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."


If a river stops up, it begins to stink... life is taken from it streams. I don't want to be a stagnant stream. I want to be a vessel of living water. I want His words to flow from my innermost being. I want them to be such a part of me... digesting them continually. I want to be His voice to a hurting, trouble people.

No comments: