These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Holy Frustration

The closer we get to Him, the more we are troubled and sensitive to things that aren't right. ...things that don't align with His Word, His will and His purpose. We shouldn't feel discouraged by this or condemned. It's just an indication that we are aligning ourselves with His purpose, His plan, His ways.

Galatians 2:21 from The Message: "Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily."

I know this thought and this verse don't necessarily seem to go together but I'm taking this straight from my prayer journal since I've been neglecting my blogging lately. I don't question the way He directs me on any particular day. I'm trying to just "go with the flow" of His Spirit.

I don't want to be a rule keeper! I want to be in complete relationship with Him... completely loving and pursuing His will in every detail of my life! Frustrations are bad... holy frustrations... that's a good thing!

No comments: