These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Set on Him

Luke 9:51 “Now when the time was almost come for Jesus to be received up [to heaven], He steadfastly and determinedly set His face to go to Jerusalem.”

And to Isaiah 50:7 “For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.”

Setting our face, setting our heart… what are we set on? What are we fixed on? Do we have a determined look at the destination? A firm stand… not moving to the left or the right…

I want to have my every affection set on Him... my heart and mind guided by Him... not affected by circumstances or voices around me.

No comments: