These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Am I Easily Offended?

Have you ever been around someone who was easily offended? You know the type... we all know them... you have to be so careful of what you say and how you say it because something is surely going to offend them. This thought has not been provoked by me encountering such a person recently but more from a prayer I caught myself praying this morning. I want to be an encourager... I want my words to be seasoned with grace. Lord, don't let me be easily offended. Let me have YOUR filter when I hear things... that's what affects how we interpret things. Are we listening from our angle or His?

Psalm 119: 165 from the Amplified "Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble."

If I am completely in love with Him... spending moments in His presence each day... loving His law, His Word, then no other words should affect me in a way to cause me to be offended or to stumble in my walk with Him.

No comments: