These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Abiding

God's been dealing with me lately about "abiding" in Him. John 15:4 "Abide in me and I in you..."

In definition, abide is to dwell, reside, remain, continue, stay... I want to do all those things.

The Message says it this way: "Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me."

Then John tell us in I John 2:6 "He that abideth in him ought himself also to walk, even as he walked".

OK...not too much pressure! We are to walk as the "One" who knew no sin! I'm so thankful that He knows we are flesh and need His grace every moment as we are striving to do what He's asked of us. Lord, I want to find my dwelling in You, rest in You, have my identity from You, continue in this journey with You, and simply "stay" with You... no matter what life brings my way, let me "stay".

No comments: