These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Seasons...

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."

We're in the process of a lot of changes at POA and it's made me think about all the seasons in our lives. Change is necessary if we are to grow and become all God has planned for us. When we don't recognize Him changing the seasons in our lives, we become stagnant. There's no growth... which can allow seeds of bitterness, fault-finding, discouragement... we must always be ready to flow with the changes He brings into our lives. They are for our better good... to develop us and give us growth.

Just like the brook dried up for Elijah when God sent him to the widow in I Kings 17. The word from God was... " I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee." It was time to move on to a new level of trust (for him and for the widow woman--but that's a whole other story!).

2 Corinthians 5:10:(Amplified) "For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing].

My prayer is that I will ever be Kingdom minded--busy with and giving my attention to accomplishing His work... things that are eternal!

2 comments:

Mommy Fowler said...

NO WAY! I cannot believe this! I have not been on your blog this week and either Monday or Tuesday ( I REALLY THINK IT WAS TUESDAY )
God let me straight to the Ecclesiastes 3:1.

I followed with a prayer saying "OK God I submit to this season" It makes it so much easier to get through trying times when I have assurance that this is a season.

AMAZING!!

The Cook's said...

Ashley, It's so incredible how He works... so thankful for you and your sweet little family!