These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Favor--Part II

Just feeling highly favored today... this morning I was reading back a few pages (or shall we call them chapters...) of my prayer journal. I love to look back at what God has done. This year I really have become an advocate of journaling... we have to remind ourselves of all He has done in us, around us, through us, on our behalf...

This is one of those "whispers" I heard a couple of months ago...
"My favor is unmerited. You don't earn it... just walk in it. Fear, self doubt, and condemnation have no part in my place of favor. I ordain it. I order the steps. I open the doors. Just trust me. Go boldly through every open door. Speak My words. I place those in your path that need the words I give you."

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Psalm 81:10 "...open thy mouth wide and I will fill it."

2 Samuel 22:20 "He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me because he delighteth in me."

This was the 2nd time this verse has stood out to me... I don't know the full meaning of it, but to me it speaks of a place of favor... "a large place". That's how I'm receiving it anyway! I want to walk in your favor, Lord!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Deb, thanks for sharing your journal thoughts! I used to keep a journal, but in the last 3 years have kind of dropped the practice. Every time I read your blog I get the desire to start journaling again. So, next year I am going to return to my old paths! Thanks for the encouragement you blog!
Kayla