These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Did He really mean early?

I don't claim to be a morning person. As a matter of fact, Bryan & I have this understood deal that we don't really talk the first 10 to 15 minutes of the morning... we may pass by and pat each other on the back... or maybe a grunt... you get the picture! I said all that to say... it was not in my nature to decide to seek the Lord early. A couple of years ago He started dealing with me about this, so I started making the sacrifice. It has been very rewarding (and has gotten easier). There's something to be said about that quiet time before everyone else is awake.

Proverbs 8:17 "I love them that love me and those that seek me early shall find me".

It seems that His presence is so rich and sweet when I come to Him before my day gets crowded with my never ending "to do" list. I want to always give Him the "firstfruits" of my day. It's so much easier to hear Him before the busyness and hustle and bustle of the day begins.

No comments: