These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Little Samuel

We had the most incredible Christmas Concert last night! If you weren't there, you just have to get the dvd... that's all I can say! At the end we sang "He loves us, Oh how He loves us..." such an incredible, moving song! They had cardboard testimonies during the song... again I say... incredible! We've been listening to the cd over the past few weeks in preparation for the concert and Cam (who is 7) has just really been drawn to this song. He asked me the other day if I would write all the words down for him. He loves the guitar and is alway trying to pick out songs... he's actually succeeded at some! Last night he was sitting with my parents during the concert and when they got to that song they told me that tears were just streaming down his face. He said, "how do they do that? That song make tears shoot out of my eyes!" What an incredible move of God!

I wasn't going to blog about this, but I was reading from my prayer journal from the end of last week (since I haven't been blogging...sorry!). Friday I had felt led to I Samuel 3:10 which tells the story of when God called Samuel. He kept going back to Eli because he thought it was him calling. After this happened several times, Eli instructed him to answer, "speak, Lord for thy servant heareth". Thank God for the Eli's in our lives that helps us learn to hear the voice of God! The reason I named this entry "Our Little Samuel" is because this is Cam's favorite story. I hope that has spiritual significance. He has always gone to a private Christian school, and he has more than once gotten out his Bible and told me he wanted to read the story of how God called Samuel. He knows right where it is!

Now on to what I had planned to blog about: "Favor"

1 Samuel 2:26 says "And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men. "

In prayer Friday I felt so strongly these words: "When favor with man is not your aim and your goal, I will bring it. Only seek favor with me... I will take care of the rest. I speak continually. It's you who aren't listening. As you die to self, you'll hear me in things great and in things that seem very small to you but are necessary in comfirming my Word."

Ouch! Normally I wouldn't share something so personal, but I get emails so often from you who are anonymously following this blog and who knows? Maybe you're meant to hear these words too. :) I want to walk in His favor and be pliable to his will! What a process... Lord, help me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song too! It is very powerful in sign language as well. The testimonies were awesome and the few I did get to see (was interpreting, had my back to them), made me cry and be thankful that we have such a loving and wonder Father.

Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...

What a wonderful share. Thank you for being open to publishing this on your blog. I am sure you are raising "Temple Keepers." Sis.Ewing really moved us with that lesson during a Women's Conference in Tioga.