These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sweet Surrender

It's been a crazy and wonderful past few days... I love the holidays... LOVE Thanksgiving... had a wonderful time with our families... lots of them! Now it's time to get back to my schedule. I kind of missed the rhythmn of life that we all get used to... back to blogging! Since I'm not having any real "bloggy thoughts" today, I thought I'd share from my prayer journal this past summer. It's always neat to look back at things God has done and spoken when you were in different circumstances. This journal entry was just before God did some really miraculous things in our lives...

Quoting from my journal...
"There was such an unbelievable lingering presence of God in prayer today--this is what I received from Him today: I speak to those with no hidden agenda--those who don't want credit. My way is the way of the lowly. I made myself of "no reputation". Will you work for me for nothing? No glory, no credit, no monetary gain? The spiritual ear must be trained to hear my voice to the point that you won't question it but flow in it freely. It's no mistake that you are in this trial right now that you can't control. You are getting to the place I ordained--a place where you recognize that only I have the answer you need. I long for your complete dependance on me then I can bless and trust you with all I have for you. I so long to dialogue with my people like I did with Job but my people are so crowded in their lives that they can't be silent before me to listen."

Maybe one of you blog readers needed to read this today. I know that shortly after this entry I feel like we stepped into the overflow of God's favor. I'm believing that for "whosoever will"!

1 comment:

~Val said...

Deborah . I think this was for me. I can see how it would be for certain others as well, but it fits me very well. Both in my life and in my ministry. Thank you.