These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Howz our "Faith-o-meter"?

Matthew 9:29 "Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you."

According to your faith... hmmm... this makes me think that we sometimes "tie" the hands of God when we don't trust and believe. We are all given a "measure of faith" according to Romans 12:13. "...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." It's up to us what we do with that "measure". I want to increase mine!

Matthew 21:21-22 in the Amplified says "And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive."

If we know there's nothing too hard for Him, why do we even give a moment of thought to the question, "will He"? He is our Father and longs to supply all our needs and care for every aspect of our lives. I pray I can forever grasp this and allow Him to work on my behalf!

No comments: