These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time...

Time, time, time... there never seems to be enough of it! The best time management tool we can have is to give Him the firstfruits of every day. He multiplies everything we give Him... good measure, pressed down, shaken together... we need to let Him multiply our time as well.

If we will be about His business, He will take care of everything that concerns us. I feel I've been saying this a lot lately, but He keeps stirring it up in me... maybe I'm not "getting it" like I should. We need His direction for each day. EVERY day must be covered in prayer! I've noticed that when my "to do list" is so overwhelming and it doesn't seem like I can possibly tackle it all, He miraculously blesses my efforts when I first seek Him for my day.

Psalm 37:5 from The Message: "Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done: He'll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon."

Life will always bring pressure. It will build until it explodes unless we bring it to Him every day and let it boil over and pour out onto the altar. Offer it up to Him. He's the only one who can relieve the pressure that builds around and in us.

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Thanks for posting this, because I am the world's worst about not enough time. I love the scripture reference. Thanks for allowing God to speak through you!
Kayla

Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...

That is so true! I believe the principle of tithing applies to our time as well as our money. Give Him His 10th first and the other 90% will go much farther!