These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Detours

I'm not quite feeling myself today and yesterday... have had a little stomach "yuck". I'm telling this to tell about the detour I went on this morning. I stopped by the store to get some yogurt... it seemed like something I could handle this morning. Cam was with me because he's going to work with me this morning. God had this detour planned the whole time... isn't He awesome? He knew which store I needed to choose... He knew that we needed to get there later than I had planned (thanks to bringing along a 7 year old)... He knows and is in every detail! Thank you for delays, Lord! A friend of mine came down the aisle and was overjoyed to see Cam because she said she knew she was supposed to run into us. She really needed prayer at that moment... and guess what? We had a short, discreet prayer right there in front of the yogurt! To her I want to say today... He cares so much about your situation that He orchestrated this chain of events this morning... don't think for a moment that He won't take care of every detail of your situation!

I'm so thankful for the body of Christ! There will be another day when I need her to detour my way and pray over me. Do you ever feel like you're in a situation and just need someone else to pray over you? It's funny how that is... sometimes you can't even pray about your own situation... you've exhausted yourself and your faith... I've been there! But we are the body fitly joined together...

Ephesians 4:15-16 "...speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

The Message reads like this: "God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love—like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love. "

I love that line... "He keeps us in step with each other..." more about Him ordering our steps... if we let Him, He will guide us...yes, even in the detours!

2 comments:

Mommy Fowler said...

You are so stinkin poetic!! I love you! "Detours", I mean seriously who would think of such fabulous names for their entries??

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Nothing happens by accident. What a mighty God we serve.
Andrea