These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No cause for fear

I am so thankful that as His children, we have a Biblical world view. We don't have to worry about the winds of change because we know that He is ultimately in control. I have to share what happened to me a week or so ago... Bryan was gone due to work... I was asleep (it was around midnight or so)... when I suddenly woke up with a tight feeling in my chest, heart palpitations, shortness of breath. I immediately recognized that I was supposed to pray for someone. It has taken me a while, but I'm FINALLY learning to discern when He is waking me up, ruffling my feathers, so to speak. I was obedient and prayed that whoever it was that God would give them peace... no panic, no fear. I went right back to sleep as if it hadn't happened.

The next morning in my regular prayer time He reminded me of this. I felt like He was saying that the needs of my people are so great--I need those who will stand in the gap. Men's hearts are failing with fear. I wasn't necessarily praying for one person but a whole multitude of people who are filled with fear right now. I looked this up, of course...

Luke 22:26 (red letter--meaning His words) "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

Regardless of the economy, election, or any other circumstances that surround us and trouble us, those who look after His Kingdom will be taken care of.

In I Kings 14... the widow woman was obedient and took care of Elijah (the man of God) first although she had great needs herself and very limited resources. Verse 16 says "and the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the Lord which he spake by Elijah."

My goal: I want to pray His agenda instead of mine... when we do this, all of our needs will be taken care of... he knows our needs before we even ask.

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

I have trouble giving up my agenda sometimes, but things are always better when I do!

I am so glad he is in control!
Kayla