These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Deceitful Heart

We don't know our own hearts. I learned this a long time ago as a young lady seeking God's perfect will for my life. If you would have told me it was Bryan Cook I would have never believed it. God changed my heart so completely and I fell head over heels in love with this wonderful young man that God had planned for me all along... I just couldn't (or wouldn't) see it! I try to remember that now after 16 years of marriage and "life"... we can never know our own hearts... we think we've given it all over to him and then...WHAM! Out of nowhere we say something or do something that does not reflect a heart totally submitted to God.

Psalm 139:23 "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts."

Jeremiah 17: 9-10 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

Lord, let me never forget that I must have you search my heart EVERY day for I don't even know my own heart... it always goes back to its evil nature. I need you to remake my heart and mind daily!

No comments: