These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, November 14, 2008

On Purpose

Sometimes we do things and they turn out ok but not necessarily because that was our intention. We might call it an "accidental" good thing... well, I don't want my life to be lived that way. I want to be intentional in all I do... live life on purpose--hopefully, HIS purpose!

2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us and called us with an holy calling not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began."

The Amplified version says "but because of and to further His own purpose and grace (unmerited favor)..."

It's so easy for us to forget that we are made for HIS purpose--not our own. When we recognize that, we will walk in that unmerited favor. Lord, let me always seek your purpose for my day, week, month, year... LIFE! You're in every detail even when I'm too busy to notice it. Help me to stop the noise--even if just for a moment--to see you all around!

No comments: