These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, November 24, 2008

No Cross, No Crown

Job 23: 8-10 "Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold."

Have you ever thought those words... or even said them to God? Where are you? I don't see you working in my situation? He truly does see our rising up and our falling down. Lord, help us to remember that all things are under your control--You will steady our steps and not let our feet slip. Our steps are ordered by you. Let us always follow your planned path you've prepared ahead of us.

The lyrics to this song are so true... "There's not a victory, without a fight. There's not a sunrise, without a night. And there's not a purchase without a cost. And there's not a Crown, without a Cross."

I hate to dwell on the crosses so much, but realizing their place in our lives brings the abundant life and peace He has planned for us. Looking through the lens of Calvary changes how we see and bear things that come our way. I honestly wouldn't trade the hurts I've been through because they've completely changed my heart, perception and my life! Now, that doesn't mean I want to sign up for more hurts today but I know He will bring me through whatever comes...

4 comments:

~Val said...

I used to wish I had a morning devotion. Never cared too much for those that come with computer Bibles, or online ones that end up talking about things I don't fundamentally agree with.

You have a wonderful almost-daily devotion, Deborah. Touches on things that are in my heart and mind, too. Thanks, you do this very well!

Mallory's said...

Again, I have to say amen to your blog. I'm with you on the hurts. Don't want them again, but thankful for the lessons they taught.
We have leased our house for at least 2 years. God is good. The man is an ordained minister. It's amazing how God puts things together.
I'm glad HE chose to let our paths cross. I missed ya'll this weekend. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Love you.

Living the Good Life said...

The last couple of weeks I have asked God several times where He was! I know he is here, but I would love to be able to see Him sometimes!!!!! One day there will be VICTORY, and like you I will be able to see how it was God's hand changing me in ways only He could!
Kayla

Mommy Fowler said...

It has been nice catching up with you while the children nap today. I really love you! You were sent to me for a reason!

Love,

Ashley