These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day of Frustration

Have you ever had one of those mornings? The kind where EVERY SINGLE THING seems to go wrong and you turn into Psycho Mom and Psycho Wife rantin' & ravin' all over the place? OK... maybe that only happens to me...

I'm so glad God is merciful to us in spite of ourselves.

Psa 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

I'm so thankful for His ever-abiding presence... that I can come and cast every fear, every worry, all the things that overwhelm me... at His feet. After that comes a deep, deep inhale. Once I've released it all to Him it seems I can breathe in so deeply... like the song by Hillsong... "this is the air I breathe... your holy presence... living in me..."

Acts 17:25 "...and he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things"

It is His breath that gives life! In Acts 20:22, the Word says "he breathed on them and saith unto them receive ye the Holy Ghost." In the previous verse His words were "peace be unto you"--with His breath comes peace. God of Heaven, breathe on me! I want your ever abiding presence and peace every moment!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

OH,NO, you are not alone in the ranting. I find that I can change the entire atmosphere of my home with one single sentence. That is so much pressure at times!

Kayla