These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

True Success

Psalm 37:16 says "...a little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked."

This tells us that righteousness is the mark of true success. ...not self-righteousness--Lord, help us not to rely on our own definition of "right standing" for our righteousness is as "filthy rags" (Isa 64:6)

Proverbs 11:28 "He that trusteth in his riches shall fall but the righteous shall flourish as a branch."

I Timothy 4:8 "..godliness is profitable unto all things..."
I Timothy 6:6 "...godliness with contentment is great gain..."

So... righteousness and godliness (throw in a little contentment too!)

One more thing... our conversations. I just LOVE how He gives us every single thing we need in His Word!

Hebrews 13:5 "let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have for he hath said "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee".

Thank you, Lord for your Word that keeps us on course--cuts away the influence of the world and our way of thinking... "sharper than a two-edged sword". Help us not to measure ourselves by what the world calls success!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Living the Good Life said...

Well, after reading my first comment, it did not make sense to me! Sorry, guess it is lack of food today! :) Let me just say, I love reading your blog and read daily!

Enjoyed your thought for the day!
Kayla