These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Babe!

No deep thoughts today... just feeling really thankful for 16 wonderful years of wedded bliss! I am so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful husband. He knew it would take a gentle, giving, longsuffering, incredible man to handle my crazy, unpredictable ways...

He truly is my soulmate... I think we truly fill each others "gaps"... although I think sometimes that I have more gaps to be filled! I just know that I love him more today than I did 16 years ago and more than I did 10 years ago and yes, even more than I did last November 21st!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
Kayla

~Val said...

Happy Anniversary! Our 17th was Sunday, we enjoyed Lafayette after church. It's so nice to be able to look at people and say, "yeah, we've had our rough spots, and certainly I expected,and even wished for, divorce, but guess what...we worked through it. We've passed the test so far, and will continue to pass every test, and life is so much better now that we've allowed ourselves to grow together rather than taking the easy way out".

Yep. I can look at the things I dislike and shrug them off, because I don't see surface anymore, I only see the real person, and that's progress ;)