These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pilgrims and Strangers

Catchy title since we're gearing up for Thanksgiving! :)

Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. "

The Amplified version of Chronicles 29:15 says "For we are strangers before You, and sojourners, as all our fathers were; our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no hope or expectation of remaining."

If we ever fully get this mindset, then the things of this earth will surely grow dim... talk about a priority shuffle! Our life is but a vapor... with that in mind, am I doing all He has called me to do? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I want to do better!

Job 14:1-2 "Man this is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow and continueth not."

Well... all men (and women) are born of a woman... I don't know any other way to be born! So it looks like we're all in the same boat...full of trouble! The least we can do is give our "trouble" to Him and let Him make it into what He has planned.

Lord, let all I do be done with the priority of Heaven--how I live my life, how I reach out to others, how I teach my children, how I love my family and fellow man, how I spend my time, how I do the tasks that are set before me with diligence (as unto YOU)!

No comments: