These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Power of Praying for Our Friends

I came across this verse this past summer and it just seemed to "pop out" at me...

Job 42:10 (ESV) "The Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lord increased all that Job had twofold."

After all that Job had been through, his relief and restoration came WHEN HE PRAYED FOR HIS FRIENDS. Wow! When I read that passage, I immediately thought of some friends that were in need of a miracle. I had already been praying for them, but I switched my focus and really made their need my greatest request before God. The scripture proved true... God moved mountains for me... so many that are so personal that I won't "blog" them... but just trust me... unbelievable things! He knows our needs before we ask. I say this all the time, but when we truly pray His agenda, our needs will be taken care of.

He is so faithful and just! All His ways are perfect. I want to be more self-less... It is a constant struggle... Lord, help me to deny myself, take up my cross and SELFLESSLY follow YOU!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Deb, so many things that you write about is/was where I am at or what I am facing! Your writing lifts my spirits and gives me things to think about! Thanks for speaking into my life!
Kayla

Rose Stamper said...

Deb,
Thanks you for the times that we have spent together.
You always lift me up with your word or just showing up. Your life and your family's life speaks volumes to me. I am on a great journey and sometimes like now I become weary and wonder WHY??? Then I see something you wrote or I re read something you wrote to me. I love you and appreciate you so much.
Thank you for you and yours,
Rose