These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whew! No Perfection Here!

Thank God He doesn't expect us to be perfect! We all have those days when our hang-ups and weakness seem to be just BLARING at us! The things is, He wants us just as we are... we're the ones who get so hung up on what we can't do or what's "not right" about us.

I'm trying to remember this and let Him use my talents and abilities, strengths AND WEAKNESSES for His glory! II Corinthians 12: 9 "...my grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..."

The Amplified says "...my grace (my favor, lovingkindness and mercy) is enough for you... for my strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled & completed) and show themselves most effective, in your weakness..."

WOW! If we aren't giving Him our weaknesses, then we're not utilizing the complete, full strength and power that He has for us. That hit me really hard! He actually WANTS my weaknesses... the things about me that give me so much grief!

I want my words to be seasoned with grace. When dealing with others, I want to extend grace--lovingkindness, mercy--let me "favor them".

Grace & weakness... I never realized how much they go hand in hand. When we recognize our own weaknesses, we will extend more grace. Lord, let me always recognize my need of Your grace in my life!

In II Peter 3:18, Peter says "..grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.." That's what I want!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Hey, read another post similiar to this one just yesterday on another blog. I'll try to find it and send it to you! I think the Lord may be trying to say something to me about GRACE! Hope I get the message!

Thanks for posting blogs that you know of or find out about that belong to people around here. I like to be connected! Hopefully more people will start blogging or come out of hiding!

Kayla