These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, November 17, 2008

God Pleasers

Last night I heard an incredible message on how the enemy tries to steal our worship. In the message this passage was used:

Proverbs 6:16-19 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

In prayer this morning I went back to this passage and was still "digesting" all that I heard last night. I couldn't help thinking how that if He hates these things, then He must LOVE the opposite...

If he hates a proud look, then I want to always have a look of humility and love.
If he hates a lying tongue, then I want to speak the truth in love. (Ephesians 4:15)
If he hates hands that shed innocent blood, then I want to preserve life in every way that I can (and support those who do the same!)
If he hates a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, then I want a heart that is imagining all the possible good things He can do in and through me!
If he hates feet that are swift in running to mischief, then I want feet that are quick to do the right thing (without even any forethought... just an instant response!)
If he hates a false witness that speaks lies, then I want to be a truth speaker that will dispel gossip and rumors when they are spoken.
And finally, if he hates he who sows discord among the brethren, then I want to do my part to bring unity to His body of believers. I wonder if he didn't save this one for last for a purpose. Division among believers will stop His purpose faster than anything else. Notice that in the book of Acts the Holy Ghost fell because they were all in one mind and one accord! Let me be a peace maker and a God pleaser!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Wow, sounds like I missed a great church service! Toby said that it was AWESOME!

Kayla