These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life and Rest...

Life...whew! This morning was another one of those mornings where at that last minute we can't seem to get out the door... I feel like a rantin' & ravin' lunatic trying to make it happen! Bryan's trying to get out at the same time as us and... you get the picture... true chaos! We pull into the high school parking lot just as the bell is ringing (their schools start 30 minutes apart--so if we can just get Tanner there on time, we've made it!). I drop Cam off and then collapse into the prayer room at church with a HUGE sigh of relief...

Needless to say, I felt Him lead me to Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Thank you, Lord for the "rest" I can find in Your presence! I went on to read the next 2 verses... "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

There are many definitions for yoke... I liked this one: "something that couples or binds together; a bond or tie". A yoke is used for steering (whether for animals, boats or even airplanes). So, if we'll just apply His yoke to our lives, we will have the safety of Him guiding us and holding us close.

I also thought about how He didn't say... "Come unto me all ye that are perfect, have it all together, and labour, etc... He just said COME... come one, come all! When did we ever get the idea that we have to "have it all together" to live for Him? I know so many people who have walked away from Him because it seemed too hard, or they aren't good enough, or they just can't commit to Him right now... His yoke is easy... His burden is light! His love is immeasurable! Condemnation does not come from Him... He sees the heart!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

I love your writing! Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

Thank God for HIS "REST"!!!! I have been resting in Him this week!

Kayla

Mallory's said...

Keep posting!!! You are touching people and situations that you have no idea who they are and what they are facing!!! Love, Love reading your blog. Thanks for the 'word'. Love & Prayers