These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hope

While sitting here feeling overwhelmed about a few things I have to take care of today, I was reminded of the verse in Psalm 42: 5 that says:

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

I looked it up in "The Message"

"Psalm 42:5-8 "Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God— soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God. When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you, From Jordan depths to Hermon heights, including Mount Mizar. Chaos calls to chaos, to the tune of whitewater rapids. Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers crash and crush me. Then God promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night! My life is God's prayer."

What more needs to be said? He's our HOPE! He can take care of all of it!
***********************************************************************************
HAD TO ADD THIS!!!!
After posting this, I had left work this afternoon and was in line to get gas. On the radio, they had what they call a "daily minute". Guess what it was? Yep! Psalm 42:5! God is so good! I got it, Lord!

2 comments:

~Val said...

I like that! Can't live without hope, need reminding of it sometimes.

Melani Brady Shock said...

Love that!

Wrote a long message to you the other night about how your posts ALWAYS bless me...it wouldn't go through....

But thanks for letting the Lord lead you every morning. You have no idea how directly you have spoken to me at times.

Love you!