These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, February 23, 2009

Wordless Sighs

I am so amazed at the way God continually confirms His words to us. You know what I mean? You feel like He's leading you in a particular direction and then He sends people your way who have been feeling the same thing... it's so amazing!

The last few days I've been really seeking out scriptures about those "groans that cannot be uttered"... sighs... we don't even have the words to say sometimes but He knows even our sighs and groanings... At lunch yesterday this very subject came up again from yet another person. Wow! Looking in my prayer journal this morning, I found that our conversation was almost quoted out in the pages... you never cease to amaze me, Lord!

He promises a mark of protection for those who sigh & cry out... groans of intercession:

Ezekiel 9:4: "And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof."

Romans 8:26-28 "...the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

No comments: