These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who will let it?

Isaiah 43:13: "Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?"

Someone must really need this today because I just HAD to find this verse... it was not easy. I searched and searched... thought I knew the wording but had a few words wrong... there's NOTHING He can't do. BUT, are we letting Him? The Amplified says "I will work and who can hinder or reverse it?"

...And from The Message (my favorite interpretation of this verse)... "Yes, I am God. I've always been God and I always will be God. No one can take anything from me. I make; who can unmake it?"

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Thank you for your thought today! It really spoke to me!!!!! I am so glad that what HE starts no one can reverse! I hold this promise close today!
KAyla

~Val said...

This was perfect for me today. I've been worrying again ... not good enough, not consistent enough, not spiritual enough, will another disaster interrupt my life ... the worries go on.

But before I worried, He is. I do know what He plans for my home and family, and HE will make it come to pass, not me. It's about Him and not my personal insecurities! HE'S in control, and yes, I trust Him!