These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, February 6, 2009

What's Our Measure?

This morning I was thinking about the ways WE measure ourselves even though we know His Word says "...they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." (2 Cor 10:12). I never want to forget what "the bar" is... what "our measure" should be.

Verse 13 (NKJV) "But we will not boast of things beyond our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you."

As a mother, I am daily conflicted over where to set boundaries... what battles do we fight... when to hold on... when to let go... it gets overwhelming. So often I'm influenced by what others are doing in similar circumstances with somewhat similar convictions. Then, when I take it to Him in prayer, He continually reminds me (and yes, He has to CONTINUALLY keep reminding me) that HE is the only measure we need. Just because the "masses" say something is acceptable does not make it so! He has a plan for my family that is for "us"... just like He has a specific plan for "your family". We are each accountable to Him for the ways He leads (or WANTS to lead) our individuals families. I want "the Cook clan" to get it right!

No comments: