These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Adversity

I know... not a cool subject. But, yes, we will have adversity. We will meet opposition in this life. This morning I so clearly heard Him say , "I use adversity in your life to teach, shape and mold you. Don't be fearful of it. Trust me to make all things right."

We say we want more of God. We say we want to be His hands and feet... His voice in this troubled world. How do we think that comes about? How do we get trained for this huge task?

Psalm 35:15 "But in mine adversity they rejoiced..."

Of course, as you guessed, this verse references back to Job. Poor Job... talk about adversity! God trusted him with it. He allowed it. He had to endure all of this to show us, to show others. Sometimes our trials aren't about us at all. They are for the greater good... Kingdom purpose. They teach us and train us but they also allow others to see Jesus in the way we are handling them... now, NOT ALWAYS! I don't know about you, but I don't always handle them the way Jesus would. I want to get better about that!

Isaiah 30:20 from The Amplified "And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes will constantly behold your Teacher."

To me, that clearly says it all. It says that sometimes He may be the one allowing it but He will be right there to guide you through it and teach you along the way. The very next verse says:

"And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left."

So, if we'll just be patient, willing and pliable in His hands during the adversity, He will be right there telling us which way to go... directing every turn.

No comments: