These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fear or Faith?

Sometimes the enemy of our soul will throw something at us and magnify it so we will operate in fear and miss what He is saying to us. We never have cause to fear. It's funny how this vein of thought came about... I was walking in silence again... it's getting too hot for that but I attempt it when I can. I have found a relatively safe place to walk but lately we have had some random break ins in our area which causes us all to be more "on guard". As I'm walking around in my "safe park", I see 2 guys that are very questionable. They are obviously not there for exercise and seem to be more in the "observing mode". I know... who am I to judge and put people in a category? We all do it. We don't want to, but we do. I caught myself looking around for them at every turn. I sped up to keep up with the "safe man" that was a good distance ahead of me. These quiet walks have been such a refuge for me... a place to be in silence and enjoy God's beautiful scenery and to hear His voice. I had blocked Him out for those first few laps because of my fear and worry.

Luke 12:32 "Fear not, little flock, for it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom."

The previous verse says "seek ye the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you." Verse 29 says "...neither be ye of doubtful mind." (live not in careful suspense).

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind."

It's easier to understand how I operated in fear at the park, but what about the times when we are worrying so much about the other details of our lives that we aren't letting Him whisper His sweet promises into our spirit? We make a choice every day. Do we choose fear or faith?

No comments: