These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Friday, June 5, 2009

Reminders...

I know... I have some really wacky, crazy bloggie ideas sometimes, but you must not think they're TOO wacky, because you are still reading... hmmmmm...

I'm off today and while cleaning up in the kitchen, I thought about the plate on top of my microwave and the person it represents. Months and months ago a friend left a plate at our house after a "gathering". I have been so stressed about getting this plate back. In the meantime, this friend has gone through a WHOLE lot in these months (which is part of the reason I've been unable to return it... we haven't seen each other much). Here's the deal... every time I see that plate, I am prompted to pray over this person and check on them. So, let's not discount the "small things". There are no coincidences with God. Maybe I'm supposed to hold on to this reminder for a season until my friend is back on his/her feet and won't need all the extra prayer covering they have needed during this season.

Just a thought...

No comments: