These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday's Practical Tip

Some friends and I were discussing how we need to share practical things that have helped us save money, be a better parent, be a better wife, make better use of our time... so that's what this will be. :) I came across this recipe that allows a framework for a meal. I don't know about you, but I feel like I cook the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER. So, here ya go...

Tightwad Casserole
1 cup main ingredient
1 cup second ingredient
1-2 cups starchy ingredient
1 1/2 cups binder
1/4 cup “goodie”
seasoning
topping

Main ingredient: tuna, cubed chicken, turkey, ham, seafood, etc.
Second ingredient: thinly sliced celery, mushrooms, peas, chopped hard-boiled eggs, etc.
Starchy ingredient: thinly sliced potatoes, cooked noodles, cooked rice, etc.
Binder: cream sauce, sour cream, can of soup, etc.
“Goodie”: pimiento, olives, almonds, water chestnuts, etc.
Topping: cheese, bread crumbs, etc.

No comments: