These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Landmarks

Proverbs 22:28 “Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.”

Ships need a landmark to get back to the port. A port is, by definition, a place where ships load and unload but also a place where they take refuge from storms, a harbor. How unbelievably significant for us… we need some landmarks in our life… we need to be set apart with Him to see how to get back… back to Him, back to the place of safety, the safety of His presence… our harbor. In that place, storms can’t touch us. They may rage all around, but we are anchored there. In the port, the ship is anchored down, tied down to be sure it doesn’t drift.

He is our safe port…

Psalm 71:3 “Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.”

Habitation is a place of residence; dwelling; abode. Bryan has often told me that home is that safe place where he can come and get away from the stresses of his day... a place to recharge. We are saying, Lord, be our place of residence... our dwelling... let no other thing be our "escape".

1 comment:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

very good :) thanks

tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com