These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Times of Refreshing

It's been a really busy week. Cam has been at a church youth camp but was completely ready to come home yesterday afternoon. He was wiped out... the busyness of this week has somewhat spilled over into my time of prayer. This morning I felt Him so lovingly tell me not to be condemned by my "checklist". "Remember My love. It knows no boundaries, no limits... I bring newness of life. Just as the rain washes, renews, refreshes... it brings new growth and a reviving. You will feel my refreshing."

Romans 6:4 "...we also should walk in newness of life."

The Amplified says that we might habitually live and behave in newness of life. I want that... let it be such a habit that I automatically walk in His refreshing, remaking presence every day.

Acts 3:19 (Amp) "So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord;"

There's nothing like the renewed focus that comes when we give Him just even a small portion of our day... to let Him remake us, renew our minds, refocus our vision. It's all about His purpose. We forget it every single day... we HAVE to let Him remind us.

No comments: