These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Landmarks of Reflection

Going way back... November 1992. :)

One of the definitions of landmark says "an event marking an important stage of development or a turning point in history." I thought of Roe Vs. Wade, which is, as you know, a United States Supreme Court case that resulted in a landmark decision regarding abortion. It is referred to as a “landmark” case. Unfortunately, this has not been a good landmark. We all, however, have landmark experiences in our lives that remind us of times when God came through… experiences that forever changed our lives.

I can take you to the place where I stood as an 8 year old little girl in a small country church where I was filled with the most precious gift of the Holy Ghost. There are other sentimental landmarks… the first time I kissed the love of my life, the day we married, the birth of both of our children… then there are reminders of a God who is faithful and just in every detail of our lives. I remember a time when Bryan lost his job… only to later realize God allowed it so He could give him a better one that would set the course of our lives and later bring us to where we are today... living in the center of His will for us.

I remember healings… as a teenager in a healing service… the minister told me to raise my hands and God would heal my anemia. I remember the warmth that came through my body from the top of my head slowly all the way down to my feet… an immediate warmth and complete, instant healing. I remember the day He completely healed both of my children from allergies, asthma and a huge regimen of medicines and breathing treatments. And of course, most recently, the day we anointed Tanner with oil in our home and He completely set his spine and shoulders in order… a spine that had protruded with scoliosis and caused him to slump and his shoulders to be uneven.

We have to continually reflect on these landmark experiences. They are our reminders. They tell us where we’ve been. They ground us and help us realize the future. They remind us that if He did it once... if He took care of every detail then, He will SURELY do it again!

No comments: