These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Enjoy the Journey

Yesterday afternoon as I was putting some clothes in the dryer I had this amazing feeling of dejavu. It had absolutely nothing to do with what I was doing but had EVERYTHING to do with the peace I felt at that moment. We have a radio in the laundry room (for the dog) and there was an incredible song playing about "when hearts get broken"... I can't even tell you the name of the song. I was just reflecting on His goodness and how we can take everything big or small to Him... every hurt, every disappointment, every question.

I was also reminded of how we are always happy when we are in His perfect will. Sometimes I think back on places we've been, where we've lived and how it was such an incredible happy time that I just want to transport myself back in time and be right back in that phase of life, in that home, that town. We can't go back though. We can only go through the doors God opens. Have you ever noticed how we sometimes try to "recreate" something God did in our lives and it just doesn't work? That's because God is doing a "new thing"!

Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."

On the darkest night, the lights on our car don't shine all the way to our destination. They do, however, give just enough light to see where we are going. God kinda does that for us... He doesn't show us the whole path He has planned... He will guide us at the pace He has established before us. Our only task is to follow His leading. ...let's just enjoy the journey!

No comments: