These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Never Alone

I work for a ministry, and I get all kinds of emails. Today I received one that really got my attention. The heart cry of this lady was how that she feels she has been praying all by herself... WITHOUT GOD. That was the words she used. We've all felt that way at some time or another. He does hear us though. He is so near to us even when we aren't aware.

Psalm 139:7-10 "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

Today I feel Him so near to me... but you know what? Maybe tomorrow I won't hear Him... I won't see exactly how He's working on my behalf... but HE IS! Bryan sometimes lavishes me with gifts and words of much adoration... he doesn't do those things every single day... does that mean he loves me more one day than the next? Absolutely not! I spend time with him every day though... sometimes we talk for hours... sometimes we have a super hectic day and feel that we are only passing in the hallway with a peck on the cheek before darting off to the next event of the day... but we are in love. So much more is the love of my sweet Saviour! Even on the days when He just walks with me in silence... I can be assured that He is keeping me and will not leave me nor forsake me.

No comments: