These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stand For Something

I remember hearing an old country song years ago that says something like this: "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. You've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string." I may not have the words just right, but what good words! In today's society we've gotten so "politically correct" that so many are afraid to say where they really stand.

Paul told the church of the Thessalonians (Thess 2:15:15 AMP) "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions and instructions which you were taught by us, whether by our word of mouth or by letter."

He wants us to stand unashamed of TRUTH. ALL of truth... all that's in His Word. If we do this, He will most definitely speak into our lives and honor it. He uses any avenue He can to speak to us. I remember years ago when we were going through a transition in our lives and I received a card in the mail that was meant to hurt me. Well, it did... very deeply. I will never forget that day as I drove into town with tears streaming down my face. I could show you exactly where I was on the highway when a voice on the radio said these exact words: "I have removed these people from your life for a reason." Now call me crazy... call me spooky and over-spiritualizing... but I know He used those words for me that day. Peace followed and He has used many crazy and bizarre things since then and I want Him to continue to do so. For goodness sake, he used a donkey to speak, so why not the radio or anything else he chooses?

No comments: