These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ordered Steps

Only deep encounters with Him bring clarity of purpose. I mean, more than the usual "thank you for this day, Lord... you're so good to me" kind of prayers. Those are good and necessary. You know, it's those times when you are "enraptured" with Him... maybe you lose track of time or maybe it's just for a moment. You know the difference... for we apostolics, we can best describe it as the times where we speak our "prayer language"... an unknown tongue. I know that everyone that reads this blog doesn't do that, but I hope you will at some point. There is absolutely nothing like it!

Psalm 40:2 "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Horrible pit translates to "a pit of noise"... interesting... since He's been dealing with me so much this past year about getting "away from the noise" to hear Him more clearly. Could it be that when we let Him deliver us from some of the madness and noise in our lives that our feet will be firmly planted with purpose and our steps completely ordered by Him? He has definitely been doing that for me. He has opened doors that I never dreamed. He has ordered my steps in ways that I haven't fully comprehended yet. His promises are true and they are for EVERY ONE OF US!

No comments: