These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Truth In Love

This morning in prayer I found myself saying, "let me speak the truth in love". So, I looked up this verse and checked several translations. I like the way the Message reads...

Ephesians 4:15 from The Message: "God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love—like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love."

Here's the thing... I'm no prayer "guru" but I do find that when I'm praying, He actually "orders my prayers"... I firmly believe He guides us in what we should pray and who we should pray for. After reading this verse, I thought... absolutely! That is what I want. That's what He wants from me... Let me grow up in you, Lord! Let me every day become just a little more like You. Keep me in step with those you've chosen to place in my life. Be the source of every little detail of my life!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Deb, I do not comment on your blog post every day, but I do read them. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your thoughts. You always encourage me, make me think, and provoke me to do better for Him. Thanks again!
Kayla