These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trials & Storms

I felt to share this with a good friend of mine today, but I know from past experiences that the words He gives are usually further reaching than what I think, so let me share this with all of you:

The greatest revelation comes through trials, storms and experiences. Without them we wouldn't know of His power, His grace and His provision for us. He is the calm in the midst of the storm, the ram in the bush, the righteous ruler of the whole earth.

Psalm 107:29 "He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still."

I Peter 17-21 from The Message: "You call out to God for help and he helps—he's a good Father that way. But don't forget, he's also a responsible Father, and won't let you get by with sloppy living. Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb."

Lord, let me not live in a way that says I think your sacrifice wasn't good enough! The least I can do is live in the ever consciousness of You!

1 comment:

Living the Good Life said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen! If I wasn't on your mind when you wrote this post, thank you for sharing with me!